Baker Hughes Buying/Procurement Specialist (Drilling Services) Broussard, LA in BROUSSARD, Louisiana
As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders. Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer.
On a typical day, but not limited to, the BUYER/PLANNER position for the Broussard, LA location will review system order suggestions and act accordingly. You will also interact with technicians and operations to understand the business needs and drive forecasted needs.
· Places orders for varieties of materials/supplies.
· May select and negotiate with approved vendors.
· Reviews bids and contracts submitted by lower level buyers before orders are placed.
· Has authority to commit company to purchases within approved guidelines.
· Responsible for contract negotiations.
· May substitute items without approval.
· May train lower level buyers.
· May recommend new developments in materials and supplies and on improving quality and cost of purchases.
· Maximizes production capacity by establishing, adjusting and monitoring production schedules consistent with master schedules.
· Develops work tasks and instructions which specify processes and/or equipment to be used for sequence of operations to meet finished good needs.
· Revises and reschedules orders to meet production requirement. Identifies, locates and evaluates alternate sources of supply to facilitate cost competitiveness.
· Handles special projects, as assigned.
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· 2 years of experience in a planning or planner position.
· Intermediate MS Office skills with Excel, Word and PowerPoint
· Good communication skills.
· Strong negotiation skills.
· Good analytical skills.
· Sound knowledge of production process and flow throughout the manufacturing
· Strongly desire a Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain.
· Prefer candidates with 2-6 years of experience.
· Knowledge or training for Application Policy Infrastructure Controller (APIC) or similar supply chain certification
· Prior experience with SAP.
· Application Policy Infrastructure Controller (APIC) or other Supply Chain Certification
· Knowledge or training with Six Sigma or Lean
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected Veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Title: Buying/Procurement Specialist (Drilling Services) Broussard, LA
Requisition ID: 1818640