Baker Hughes Manufacturing Engineer-(Drilling Services) Houston, TX in HOUSTON, Texas
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only full stream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
This Process Engineer is a member of a team that supports the design, manufacture and testing of mechanical mud motor components including bearings & Rotors. These are manufacturing processes including, machining, welding, sintering, surface treatment and vendor qualification. Data analysis will be used to drive process adjustments to improve quality and reduce costs. Occasional international travel may be required.
· Responsible for supporting the motor manufacturing process for BHGE Mud Motor components at the Baker Hughes Houston Drilling Services manufacturing facility
· Acts as the process engineer supporting the overall manufacturing process for rotors, bearings and machined parts.
· Ensures manufacturing methods deliver products that meet Engineering specifications
· Identifies, recommends and implements improvements to the production process
· Technical aid in the purchasing and installing of new equipment for the facility
· Aids in determining root cause for any manufacturing issues, and applying corrective actions
· May receive specifications and guidance from team leader or senior level engineers
· May assist technical manufacturing support teams in testing new applications and problem solving
· Works with Quality to qualify vendor processes in machining, coating & welding
· Conducting all business activities in accordance with BHGE Health, Safety and Environmental policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Company Core Values
· Handles special projects, as assigned
· Bachelor's Degree in, Mechanical, Industrial or related Engineering field
· 1 years of working experience in a manufacturing environment managing processes
· Basic project management skills
· Sound working knowledge of principles, concepts, theories, and/or practices of applicable discipline
· Good problem-solving skills
· Proficient with Microsoft Office, good analytical skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Experience with welding, machining and sintering processes, knowledge or experience in mud motor or positive displacement pump manufacturing is a plus
· Candidate with leadership skills
· Lean or Six Sigma background
· Drafting experience with SolidWorks, or AutoCAD
· Proficient in German Language is a plus
· SAP experience beneficial
· Must be authorized to work and live in the US without sponsorship
· Approximately 20% travel may be required
Be able to carry up to 50lbs
Title: Manufacturing Engineer-(Drilling Services) Houston, TX
Requisition ID: 1817078